It has recently been announced that the CSEP has opened for one more capital funding round. The CSEP scheme provides capital grants to community organisations like Parish Councils and charities to help with the installation of renewable energy equipment such as heat pumps and biomass boilers as well as other energy efficiency measures. The scheme had ended earlier this year but additional funding has been found and one further round of grants will be made.
However, it only applies to applications relating to heat generating technologies and energy efficiency measures, with the deadline for completed applications 5.00 p.m. Friday 29th February 2012. The selection panel will then meet at the end of April 2012 and the decisions will be published within two weeks of that meeting Capital grants will be awarded on a competitive basis.
This new round was launched 01st December 2011 and The Community Sustainable Energy Programme (CSEP) website has been updated accordingly.
Please note, the Guidance notes only apply to Capital Grants as Development grants are no longer available.
The following additional conditions apply to this new round:-
- Deadline for receipt of completed applications 29th February 2012 (Selection Panel to meet
end of April 2012)
- Successful applications must be completed by the end of March 2013
- Final accounts must be submitted to the programme by the end of March 2013
- Approved projects must submit equipment purchase orders within 3 months of the Grant Offer Letter (GOL) date.
- The grant will no longer be paid in two stages 95% and 5%, instead one payment of 100% of the grant will be paid on submission of completed claim documents, which must be received no later than the end of March 2013. (a final report will still be required by the applicant after 3 months)
- Regular updates must be submitted from individual projects
- A reserve list will be created from round 12 applicants, to potentially replace any projects withdrawing.
Further details about the programme and how to apply can be found on the website www.communitysustainable.org.uk
If you have an initial enquiry about the Community Sustainable Energy Programme please call the Changing Spaces helpline on 0845 3 671 671 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Community Sustainable Energy Programme, BRE, B17/221, Garston, Watford WD25 9XX
Alternatively, our specialists are always available to offer advice and assistance. Call – 01603 277 040 or e-mail – email@example.com